Birdheat is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Your privacy is important.
To better protect your privacy this notice explains our online information practices and the choices you can make about the way your information is collected and used. The link to this policy is available in the birdheat.com footer.
Information that may be held
- Your name or username.
- Your email address.
- Your IP address.
- Further data may be collected if you choose to share it, such as if you fill out fields on your profile.
Data collected and processed in the following cases:
- You register as a member on this site.
- You create an account in our store.
- You fill out fields on your profile.
Use of your personal information
Your personal information is used in the following ways:
- For the purposes of making you a registered member of birdheat.com, in order for you to contribute content to this site.
- Your email address will be used to inform you of activity on our site. Your email address is never publicly visible.
- Your IP address is recorded when you perform certain actions on our site. Your IP address is never publicly visible.
- Your profile info is only visible to registered members, who are logged in. IOW, bots cannot see your personal information.
Other uses of your personal information
In addition to receiving notification of activity on our site which may be relevant to you, and which you have indicated you’d like to receive, you may occasionally receive information such as newsletters or announcements by email. You can opt-in to or opt-out of such emails in your profile.
Non-personally identifiable information about you may be collected in the course of your interaction with birdheat.com. This information may include technical information about the browser or type of device you’re using. This information will be used purely for the purposes of analytics and tracking the number of visitors to birdheat.com.
Log files are maintained and analysed of all requests for files on this website’s web server(s). Log files do not capture personal information but do capture the user’s IP address, which is automatically recognised by our web server(s).
Keeping your data secure
We are committed to ensuring that any information you provide to us is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable measures and procedures to safeguard and secure the information that we collect.
This website does not store any information that would, on its own, allow us to identify individual users of this service without their permission. Any cookies that may be used by this website are used either solely on a per session basis or to maintain user preferences. These cookies are not shared with any third parties.
Cookies are small text files which are set by us on your computer which allow us to provide certain functionality on our site, such as being able to log in, or remembering certain preferences.
You have a right to access the personal data we hold about you or obtain a copy of it. To do so please contact us. If you believe that the information we hold for you is incomplete or inaccurate, you may contact us to ask us to complete or correct that information.
You also have the right to request the erasure of your personal data from public view, or completely as long as this is compliant with laws and regulations. Please contact us if you would like us to remove your personal data.
Acceptance of this policy
Changes to this policy
We may make changes to this policy at any time. You may be asked to review and re-accept the information in this policy if it changes in the future.
Contacting the Web Site
If you have any questions about this privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this web site, you may contact the site owner:
Laurie Anne Fuhr
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your computer by your web browser at the request of a site you’re viewing. This allows the site you’re viewing to remember things about you, such as your preferences and history or to keep you logged in.
Cookies may be stored on your computer for a short time (such as only while your browser is open) or for an extended period of time, even years. Cookies not set by this site will not be accessible to us.
Our cookie usage
- Registration and maintaining your preferences. This includes ensuring that you can stay logged in and keeping the site in the language or appearance that you requested.
- Analytics. This allows us to determine how people are using the site and improve it.
- Advertising cookies (possibly third-party). If this site displays advertising, cookies may be set by the advertisers to determine who has viewed an ad or similar things. These cookies may be set by third parties, in which case this site has no ability to read or write these cookies.
- Other third-party cookies for things like Facebook or Twitter sharing. These cookies will generally be set by the third-party independently, so this site will have no ability to access them.
Standard cookies we set
The main cookies we set during normal operation of the software stores the current ID of your session and stores a key, unique to you, which allows us to keep you logged in to the software as you navigate from page to page.
Additional cookies and those set by third parties
Additional cookies may be set during the use of the site to remember information as certain actions are being performed, or remembering certain preferences.
Other cookies may be set by third party service providers which may provide information such as tracking anonymously which users are visiting the site, or set by content embedded into some pages, such as YouTube or other media service providers.
Managing your cookies and cookie preferences must be done from within your browser’s options/preferences. Here is a list of guides on how to do this for popular browser software:
More information about cookies
To learn more about cookies, and find more information about blocking certain types of cookies, please visit the ICO website Cookies page.